Apply for this position
Before applying, please review the Call for Expression of Interest and Terms of Reference, below.
All applications should be submitted via the application portal. Early applications are encouraged.
- Location: Home-based
- Salary scale: Voluntary for advising; additional contributions will be compensated
- Closing date: 5 March 2021
- First interviews: 22 to 31 March 2021
- Start date: 15 April 2021
The Global Nutrition Report and its Independent Expert Group (IEG) Chair invites nutrition experts to join the IEG.
About the role
The IEG as a whole is accountable for the quality and independence of the GNR, which must be maintained at all times. The IEG must accept the responsibility of being collectively accountable for the quality and independence of the GNR, must be prepared to answer publicly when designated to do so for decisions made on content, data presentation and interpretation, and engage in intellectual debate on the conclusions given.
IEG members are appointed as individuals recognised for their expertise and independent of their institutions to fulfil the role as part of the IEG. Membership is based on suitability for the role, assessed against criteria specified at the time of the recruitment of new members.
All IEG members have an advisory role to the Chair and can assume additional roles based on their membership status.
IEG Core Members
In addition to their advisory role, IEG Core Members will function as the core content development group for the GNR, and will be authors on GNR publications (order of authorship will be determined according to expertise and level of contribution).
In their role as core authors of GNR publications, they will be overseen by the Chair and supported by the Host’s staff and external/ad hoc experts, for whom the same authorship and acknowledgement criteria will be applied.
Though there is no compensation for the advisory role, IEG core members will be compensated for additional services proportionate to the extra workload requested from them on top of regular IEG activities. IEG Core Members can serve as Vice-Chair or as a Working Group Lead.
IEG Extended Members
IEG Extended Members are expected to have only an advisory role, but they can assume additional roles for specific parts of content development, depending on expertise, interests and available resources.
In these cases, they will be listed as authors only in select GNR outputs (e.g. a chapter in the Report, a policy brief) and provided they satisfy the authorship criteria. IEG Extended Members cannot serve as Vice-Chair or as a Working Group Lead.
Please note: No remuneration is offered for the advisory role; it is a voluntary role requiring up to 10 days of commitment annually. Remuneration will be provided for additional contributions. Travel and subsistence expenses incurred will be covered.
For further details please refer to the call for expression of interest in the panel on the right-hand side of this page.
Candidates must have:
- University degree in a relevant scientific area at postgraduate level
- At least eight years of professional experience in their area of expertise (following the award of their Ph.D. or equivalent professional training)
- Ability to work in English: members must be proficient in written and spoken English
Candidates will be assessed against criteria based on the application form, incorporating:
- Area and depth of expertise
- Academic qualifications
- Skills and competencies
- Professional experience and relevance to the GNR’s mission
In the selection process, the Chair will also consider candidates' independence for potential conflicts of interest, interviews, and references.
- Download, fill in and upload the IEG membership application form.
- Upload up to 10 abstracts of your scientific publications (in peer-reviewed journals, books and/or reports) − in a single PDF file − that are most relevant to your primary area of expertise (see application form).
- Upload an up-to-date detailed curriculum vitae.
- Complete and upload a declaration of interests form.
All applications should be submitted via the application portal. Supporting documents may be requested at a later stage. All expressions of interest will be treated confidentially.
Thank you for your interest in the Global Nutrition Report.