How to apply
Download the full recruitment pack and apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
- Location: Unspecified
- Salary scale: Salary dependent on experience and location
- Closing date: 14 August 2020
- First interviews: w/c 31 August 2020
- Start date: September 2020
About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing scientific expertise for Global Nutrition Report (GNR) products.
The postholder will be accountable for Development Initiatives' (DI) delivery of all GNR product elements and will work under the guidance and oversight of the Independent Expert Group (IEG) Co-Chairs.
- Oversee and manage the scientific and content development of GNR products, specifically shadow write the Global Nutrition Report, and have overall responsibility for the final content as approved by the IEG Co-Chairs.
- Work with the IEG members (through the IEG Co-Chairs) to provide guidance and oversight to the DI GNR data team and support them in gathering data for analysis, interpretation, and reporting.
- Conduct evidence synthesis on specific topics identified by the IEG Co-Chairs, interpret and draw evidence-based conclusions from scientific literature.
We are looking for someone who has a sound understanding of dietary assessment methods, nutrition indicators/metrics, the double burden of malnutrition, experience managing large datasets, global nutrition data from different countries and regions, and experience of diet−disease burden modelling and quantification. The successful candidate must have a minimum of five years’ overall experience in nutritional research with an emphasis on nutrition indicator data collection, management, and analysis.
You will be required to be educated to degree-level in Human Nutrition or Dietetics and have a PhD in Nutrition, Nutritional Epidemiology, Public Health Nutrition, Food Policy, or related field.
If you would like to contribute to increasing the impact of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty, we would love to hear from you. Please download and read the full recruitment pack and apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to [email protected]