Nutrition for Growth (N4G) commitment
1. Piloted multisectoral approach to nutrition through establishing the Upazila (sub-national ) Nutrition Coordination Committee (UNCC) in Sunamganj, Bangladesh.
2. Demonstrated the positive outcome of a multi-sectoral approach to nutrition and done advocacy for policy influence at the national level. Therefore, the UNCC and District Nutrition Coordination Committee (DNCC) model became part of the Government official document as included in the Second National Plan of Nutrition (NPAN2).
3. Closely worked with Bangladesh National Nutrition Council (BNNC), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) to developed ToR for UNCC, DNCC and circulated nationwide to scale up.
4. Developed an operational guideline for DNCC and UNCC to maintain uniformity and functionalize accredited by BNNC, MoHFW and Bangladesh government.
5. Provided technical support to BNNC, MoHFW and developed a web-based M&E system for UNCC and DNCC.
6. Worked and supported Secretariat, Civil Society Alliance (CSA) for SUN and other civil society organisations (CSO) to build capacity on multisectoral approach to nutrition, Covid-19, and nutrition, nutrition governance, lobby, and advocacy, etc.
Reported progress suggests commitment is on course