- The Nutrition Accountability Framework
- Sign up to the platform
- About the Nutrition Accountability Framework
- The Nutrition Action Classification System
- The SMARTness of nutrition commitments
- Developing the NAF Platform's Commitment Registration Form
- A guide to the NAF Platform's Commitment Registration Form
- A glossary of terms
- Authors, contributors, acknowledgments and funding
- Nutrition Accountability Framework and other commitment registers
The Nutrition Accountability Framework (NAF) creates the world’s first independent and comprehensive platform for registering SMART nutrition commitments and monitoring nutrition action. It has been endorsed by the government of Japan, the SUN Movement, the World Health Organization, UNICEF, USAID and many others, and will hold all data on commitments made for the Tokyo Nutrition for Growth (N4G) Summit 2021 and progress made against them over time.
The NAF Platform comes with a wealth of guidance and information to support SMART commitment-making by all stakeholders including governments, donors, civil society organisations, businesses and others. It helps inform, shape and inspire strong commitments for nutrition through comprehensive methods for qualifying, classifying and reporting on nutrition action, and monitoring how action translates to impact. This is facilitated through the NAF enabling transparent and accessible sharing of data, evidence and best practice.
The NAF will encourage stakeholders to improve and take more action each year, highlighting success stories and providing an equal opportunity for all stakeholders to be recognised for their actions. In doing so, it will support stronger action and accelerate progress in tackling poor diets and malnutrition in all its forms across all locations and sectors. The NAF Platform will be open for stakeholders to register their nutrition commitments at any time. Any new commitments made in 2021 and later will be recorded, tracked and publicly shared through the NAF Platform to monitor all nutrition commitments, including N4G commitments.
For any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected]
for an account to access the NAF Platform
to your account and register your commitments
Total number of commitments received
Total number of stakeholders
- Read about the Nutrition Accountability Framework and other commitment registers
- Read more about the Nutrition Accountability Framework and its aims.
- Read about the Nutrition Action Classification System, which we use to classify nutrition actions based on common principles and shared characteristics.
- Read about how we define and measure the SMARTness of nutrition commitments.
- Read about how we created and tested our NAF Platform's Commitment Registration Form.
- Read our guide to using the NAF Platform's Commitment Registration Form.
- Read our FAQs.
- Read our glossary of terms.
- Read about authors, contributors, acknowledgments and funding.
- Read the Tokyo Compact on Global Nutrition for Growth Annex: Commitments
- Read the Tokyo Compact on Global Nutrition for Growth
Last updated: 13 January 2022.