- About the Nutrition Accountability Framework
- The Nutrition Action Classification System
- The SMARTness of nutrition commitments
- Assessing the SMARTness of nutrition commitments
- The Nutrition Action SMARTness Index
- Commitment data cleaning and standardisation
- Developing the NAF Platform's Commitment Registration Form
- A guide to the NAF Platform's Commitment Registration Form
- How NAF commitments are verified
- A glossary of terms
- Authors, contributors, acknowledgments and funding
- Nutrition Accountability Framework and other commitment registers
Following the United Nations’ Food Systems Summit 2021 and ahead of the Nutrition for Growth Summit, we are calling on stakeholders who have registered their nutrition commitments via the UN’s registry to ensure that they also register their commitment through the Nutrition Accountability Framework (NAF), which has been endorsed by the Government of Japan ahead of the Tokyo Summit in December 2021.
The NAF is the world’s first independent and comprehensive platform for registering SMART nutrition commitments and monitoring nutrition action globally and across all sectors. This will represent the first time that nutrition action will be tracked and reported on globally, with the objective to support the shared goal of ending poor diets and malnutrition in all its forms. Stakeholders will be able to access comprehensive guidance, whilst the NAF’s methods for qualifying, classifying and reporting on action and how it translates to impact will enable the transparency necessary to shape strong future commitments for nutrition.
The NAF has been endorsed by leading stakeholders in global nutrition policy, including the government of Japan, the SUN Movement, the World Health Organization, UNICEF, USAID, and many others. This will mean that any new commitments made through the NAF will be measured against existing commitments from these leading organizations, enabling for accessible sharing of evidence and best practice.
As the NAF and other existing mechanisms, such as the UNFSS’s registry, are not directly linked, stakeholders who want to ensure that their contributions are taken into account within our global data updates, are encouraged to register through the NAF today. You can find our commitment platform and guidance and information to help you make your commitment here.
If you want to find out more about how both the UNFSS and N4G are going to help to improve the state of global nutrition, please find a joint statement on both Summits here.