Nutrition for Growth (N4G) commitment
1. The Government of Madagascar commits US$398 million over 10 years, US$200 million through World Bank IDA and Power of Nutrition.
2. The Malagasy State has increased its allocation for the nutrition sector by 40% from 2016 to 2021 during the implementation of the National Action Plan Phase III (2017-2021) for the implementation of the essential package in nutrition at the national level.
1. TAMBATRA, a food security and nutrition project financed by the Principality of Monaco: 2,000,000 Euro Improving Food Security and Nutrition Project, financed by JICA: 5,500,000 Euro Improving Nutrition Results (PARN), financed by World Bank: US$200,000,000
2. 2016-2018: 36%
1. Two years into the time period stated (2017-2027), over half of the targeted total amount has been officially committed.
2. The increase in allocation between 2016 and 2018 exceeds the average annual requirement to meet the target.
Reduce chronic malnutrition in children under-5 from 47% in 2017 to 38% in 2021 under the coordination of the National Office of Nutrition
42% (Source: MICS Survey 2018)
Decrease between 2016 and 2018 exceeds the average annual requirement to meet the target.