Nutrition for Growth (N4G) commitment
1. Proportion of total annual government expenditure allocated to nutrition will rise from 0.1% to 0.3% by 2020.
2. Nutrition will be mainstreamed in sectoral budgets, which have a role in fighting malnutrition (education, health, agriculture, and gender).
3. Increase accountability by rolling out the nutrition financial tracking tools and the national monitoring and evaluation framework by 2014.
Reduce stunting among children under-5 children from 47% to less than 20% by 2020.
Develop a Nutrition Act by 2016.
1. Coverage of community-based nutrition services will be scaled up in all districts at traditional authority and village level by 2016.
2. Community Based Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) will be scaled up from 50% to 80% in all districts.
3. Public–private partnerships on nutrition will increase, building on successful examples such as the work with Illovo on sugar fortification with vitamin A.