Nutrition for Growth (N4G) commitment
Increase the government’s financial allocation to nutrition and food security and create a specific budget line for nutrition in budgets for the Ministries of Health and Sanitation, Agriculture, and other relevant ministries.
1. Reducing the prevalence of stunting from 25.7% to 11.7% in under-2 children.
2. Reducing wasting from 6.9% to 2.0%.
3. Increasing exclusive breastfeeding from 32% to 70%.
1. Finalize and endorse 5-year Nutrition and Food Security costed plan by July 2013.
2. Prioritize fundraising to ensure successful implementation of the Nutrition and Food Security costed plan.
3. Establish legal frameworks and enforce the Code for the Marketing of Breast Milk Substitutes and food fortification.
Scale up community support networks for nutrition and food security.